Sunday 7 February 2016

About my Baby #2

It's almost been a year since my first post about Emily so I think it's about time I give you an update.


Emily finally started walking when she reached 17 months old and this is probably considered late as it is common for a child to take their first steps around their first birthday. Although it turned out that Emily was waiting until she felt completely confident in her ability to walk as when she started she hardly stumbled.

We stopped using the pram shortly before her second birthday as she hated being in it and it's hard to hold onto a pram when you're also trying to keep hold of a very wriggly child. Any parent knows this struggle, am I right? (The picture below was taken on her second birthday)

Talking hasn't ever seemed to be a problem for Em, and believe me when I say it makes life so much easier when your child can tell you what they want. That being said it can be a little frustrating when they are demanding a drink and bashing their head into your crotch when you are trying to finish the washing up! But at the end of the day hearing your baby sing along to Thomas and Friends or say 'love you' makes everything worth it.

She has recently started pre-school and absolutely loves it, she didn't even shed a tear on the first day when me and daddy disappeared (nor did I, but I got a lot of housework done). We only have her in school for a couple of mornings a week and she's getting a little more comfortable around other little ones, which was my main reason for starting her schooling.

Thomas and Friends has become a recent favourite of Emily's, although she really enjoys many TV shows. Peppa Pig is still very loved too, and the Minions, and Frozen..

I hope you enjoy this update about my baby, and I will probably keep calling these updates About my Baby, simply because Emily will always be my baby.

See you soon
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment